24 February 2011

Day 3 - What Lives Under The Bed..?

It was finally time to sort out under the bed...

After getting off to a good start with the Drawers I really got stuck into this job, coughing and spluttering and occasionally blinding myself with bits of stirred up dust.

The only thing remaining under my bed are the 4 little storage boxes seen in my video, the box for my digital camera (when I upgrade to a newer body the box will help the price drastically so I'm keeping it, so there =p) and a large fan that I have to use each summer when my room creeps towards the top end of 30 degrees C.
(hopefully putting the fan under there will remind me to vacuum under there more frequently)

The amount of dust and hair under there was amazing.. not the good amazing... the same sort of amazing as seeing the state of a car after a large accident. It's a wonder I literally havn't coughed up a lung what with my Asthma/Allergies!

I think it went well though, I removed a load of things! My 'holding box' is now my 'holding area' because I can not fit anything else into my box!

The only things I am really double thinking are my old game consoles.. My Sega Megadrive and my Super Nintendo  =(
I know its silly to keep them because I am going to replace them with my hacked Xbox, so can still play the same games anyway.. It's just I love retro items... *sniff*.. Then again if they were under my bed with a layer of dust they were hardly being loved by me, better someone get use from them.

Time for the photos to do the talking!



Bin/Recycle
Sell/Give Area!



A  good days work I think! =D

Im going to count the items I am recycling/throwing and update the The Numbers page in a bit, Also going to update it tomorrow when I put the sale items onto Ebay/Forums.

Hope everyone has had an equally productive day!

3 comments:

  1. That's a big pile of "stuff" liberated already. Well doe on tacklng under the bed, having all that dust etc lurking under there would have been bad news for your asthma so a positive step for your health too.

    Now you just need to focus on getting the stuff out of the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I am actually typing up the ebay pages now for some of the items. anything I dont think is worth putting on ebay is going to the charity shop on Saturday, So they shouldn't be hanging around longer than a day or two (except the Ebay ones) =D

    In other news, posting on Ebay is very tedious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start! Saw your video - you definitely have the potential to make much better use of your storage space.
    I do love your room though, so look forward to seeing the progress.

    Yes, ebay posting is very tedious, lol.

    ReplyDelete