23 February 2011

Day 2 - The Drawers.

Yesterday I was shattered after work so didn't do much. Today however I had the day off, so am making up for it by decluttering two new areas!

First up is the drawers under my desk.

Each one was literally packed with stuff. Most of it was computer related stuff though (seeing as it is next to the computer I saw this as sort of almost acceptable).




Top Drawer
Middle Drawer
Bottom Drawer


So it turns out I have information books for items I have gotten rid of long ago. I also have warranty booklets for my computer (2years out of warranty) and my Ipod (3years out of warranty).
There were also pieces of old University work in there and half a pack of cards!
Here is the resulting 'Bin/recycle' pile:
Stickers, cards, leaflets and paper.
There were also a lot of items I no longer have any need for, so these were added to the holding box for the weekends decisions.
Parts for my old Xbox 360, An old HDD caddy, old hair trimmer which I never used, my favourite book from when I was little, and other cables.
And here is the resulting drawer layout for today. I will probably revisit these later on because I found some parts of other items that I will be getting rid of, but obviously it is best I get rid of these multipart items together.


Top
Middle (Filofax is going in the bin once I shred the important bits)
Bottom (PC backup CDs, and other PC parts)
Does anyone know how to get rid of the yellowing on my TV remote by the way? I tried rubbing it with a bleach wipe but it isn't shifting? I think it may be from being in the sun so much =(...

Hope this update makes up for missing yesterdays one.

Keep your eyes peeled, Day 3 will be going up in a few hours. I am about to starting clearing out under my bed... eep...

2 comments:

  1. Looking good so far :)
    Tackling under the bed eek! There used to be whole eco systems under my sons' beds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, Its the same here as well.. most of it seems to be hair... Half mine, half the cat's. It is pretty disgusting.. =(

    On the plus side I have made loads of progress, just resizing my images for the next post now! =D

    ReplyDelete