20 March 2011

Planning the next hurdles..


Before taking on my clothes I decided I had better make sure I know what I want to achieve for that space afterwards. So after messing about on Sketchup (a free 3d program) I came up with the above.

The wall will be a wooden baton frame sandwiched between two mdf panels. On the bedroom side I am considering adding one of those "floating" shelves to put a few of my retro camera's on, and it can double up as a handle to make it easier to roll out the fake wall.
On the back of the wall will be a clothes rail, and an Ikea unit (attached to the fake wall, also on wheels) or similar for teeshirts/jeans/jumpers, that sort of thing. On top of that unit I will put some see-through containers to chuck my boxers and socks in. 
I am also considering having another container for "out of season" stuff, so shorts can go in there during the winter, and gloves and coats and stuff can go in there over the summer. (got this idea from another blog some time ago, if I remember where I will link it here. If it's your blog then link me the article! :) )

People have asked for a photo of the progress, but all I have really been doing is donating the various items (some charity shops seem to not like electricals, others refuse any more 'ornaments' so I have to go between a few...) the only thing I have to show for it is that my donate box is now empty again, as it was in the first video I posted anyway!

Unfortunately the weather in Wales is due to turn rubbish again this week so I wont be able to work on my fake wall. Instead I am going to clean my corner full of car parts (tomorrow, expect an update) to work out what exactly I have there. And then on Wednesday I will begin on the skylight area... I hate paperwork though. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with that?

1 comment:

  1. What sort of paperwork are you talking about?
    And do you mean how to store it, or how to leave it undone?

    ReplyDelete