21 February 2011

Day 1 - The Rules!

For too long I have felt as though my room is too small. It has to be my 'office', my bedroom, and where I relax. All of these things mean the room has gathered a lot of 'Stuff'. Then I realised what was going on:
My room wasn't too small, It was just full of stuff I hardly ever use!
Other websites have given me the boost I need to tackle this problem once and for all.
Usually this means I tidy.

My version of tidying up is completely different to normal peoples views of tidying up. I just throw everything into corners and hide the pile with stuff (like blankets or furniture.)

This blog will track my progress at decluttering my room. I have set myself some rules to get past the fact I still actually have things from 10+years ago in here:

  1. If I havn't used it in the last month, I clearly do not need it.
  2. If I "forgot it was there" and was never looking for it anyway, Its gone.
  3. Items will go into a 'Holding Cell' at the end of each week that box is sorted into 'Throw', 'Donate' and 'Sell'. If I use an item in that box before the weekend it escapes that weeks trip to Ebay/the dump/the charity shop.
  4. If I decide I am going to sell an item it has to be listed up immediately (otherwise I will never get around to it.)
  5. Items can be sold on here, on forums (car spares etc), Ebay or even boot sales.
    (That will be hilarious, I can't haggle well, I am terrible with maths and money and I drive a classic Mini so the actual boot is only as big as a very small suitcase).
  6. If the money raised goes towards the Classic car's upkeep (spares etc), I have to fit that spare part the same week it arrives to stop me from being swamped by spares again.

Now that formalities are out of the way I will get onto another post specifically for showing my room at its worst!!!
Thanks for reading!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment